We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. – Mother Theresa
The Shanti Yoga Teachers Association
Graduates of the Health Institute Australia’s Yoga Teacher Training courses can apply for membership with SYTA.
SYTA stands for the Shanti Yoga Teachers Association. It is the Spirit of Yoga in Transformation and Association, the body that takes the mission of Shanti Yoga, through its members and graduates, from heart to heart, door to door, shore to shore.
Live the dream, and manifest your destiny.SYTA membership provides a network of information about teachers, events, current trends in the yoga and wellness industry and continues to empower, inspire, encourage and evolve a life-changing shift in consciousness that will catalyse and continue your amazing transformation in changing lives.
If you are seeking a deeper level of participation, and to mirror your potential in the company of other already successful and spiritually evolved yogis, SYTA membership will continue your life-changing journey.
SYTA membership is open to all interested in Yoga.
About the Founder
Our common goal is yoga from heart to heart, door to door, shore to shore
SYTA was founded by Shanti Gowans, CEO of the Health Institute Australia and the inspiration behind Shanti Yoga. SYTA is for students, teachers and friends. SYTA is an association of individuals within the Yoga community who have adopted and are teaching the transformational Hatha Yoga path, and building an enlightened society that works towards a common goal: yoga from heart to heart, door to door, shore to shore.
Shantiji welcomes all current and long-time Yoga students to join her in reaffirming, celebrating and deep commitment to this vision. Friends are also welcome.
- To celebrate our relationships with one another
- To strengthen our Shanti Yoga community and family
- To continue to do what we do best
- To change whatever needs to be changed
- To shape the future, honouring the past
Who can join
SYTA is open to anyone who is sincerely and effectively committed to the Shanti Yoga path, and explore how we can personally, communally and globally apply living peace as the basic guiding force in our lives, and to the world. With the world seemingly at crossroads, socially and environmentally, we can aim to arouse courage and confidence to truly establish enlightened society.
Whether you have been teaching yoga for years or are recently certified, you will find inspiration, training, support and community with us. Reinvigorate your teaching and commitment, attend master classes, add to your teaching toolbox with workshops and courses, get re-inspired at yoga retreats and ad to your continual professional development by attending our programs.
- Takes an active role to build a better future for every Shanti Yoga teacher
- Provides wide exposure
- Builds trust, loyalty and deepening relationships with current and potential teachers
- Provides members with great financial benefits for membership investment
- Increases your profile and allows you broadcast your integrity by branding your business
- Provides the option to reward your students with Shanti Yoga products and services
Students claiming benefits for yoga classes
As a result of recent changes in government legislation, health fund regulations state that all students wishing to claim benefits for yoga classes need to have a teacher who:
- Has been trained by and is a current member of a recognised Yoga Teacher Training Organisation.
- Is involved in an ongoing continuing professional development program.
- Has a current First Aid Certificate.
- For full teaching members (Level 2 Full Membership):
- 10% off all short courses and workshops
- 10% off all Pure Shanti™ Products
- 10% off all books and cd’s published by Shanti Gowans
- All members receive:
- e-newsletters periodically throughout the year
- Access to information on SYTA events Australia-wide
- Access to networking and volunteering opportunities with other professionals and organisations
- Specific yoga teachers retreat held annually at the glorious Nirvana Wellness Retreat, Beechmont Queensland. Discount applies to SYTA members.
- Associate members receive 5% off all Pure Shanti™ Products, Post Graduate Courses and Workshops.
- Membership is at four levels or categories.
- Fees are due on the 1st of September each year.
Fees & Description of membership levels
|1||Retail Associates||Retail Associates are full SYTA members who are eligible for wholesale discounts on Shanti Yoga goods and services.||$195|
|2||Full membership||Full membership to SYTA is for Yoga teachers who have undergone training with a Government Accredited provider.||$99|
|3||Associates||Associates are professionals who have trained in other yogic or sister disciplines and want to be affiliated with SYTA. Friends are students and friends of SYTA benefactors, full members and associates. ||$66|
|4||Benefactors||Benefactors are those who have invested in Shanti Yoga goods and services.|
- Membership is renewed on the 1st of September each year.
- Yearly renewal of membership is evaluated and subject to a review prior to the end of expiry date and renewal will be granted upon the satisfactory operation within the bounds of Shanti Yoga guidelines in both teaching and behavioural ethics.
- Renewal needs to be accompanied with currency in CPD and in first aid.
- Membership in a professional association is necessary for Yoga Teaching insurance.
- SYTA International reserves the right to discontinue certification for members at the discretion of the principal.
- a set of shared principles and agreements
- attainment of specific enterprise competencies and standards
- achievement of community priorities
- the continuing development of training to keep upgrading the profession
- an important source of advice, support and guidance.
SYTA annual residential retreat
SYTA is pleased to announce its annual Shanti Yoga Conference and Workshop in August, at our Nirvana Wellness retreat, on the Gold Coast. All members are invited to join us for this wonderful event that gives us the chance to practice, serve and celebrate together, sharing expertise and views on both traditional Shanti Yoga and Ayurveda.
Shanti Yoga is proud to highlight the achievements and expertise of Shanti Yoga teachers who are making their mark in the world and we aim to provide members with the opportunity to present your perspective on the yoga scene in your circles.
This cannot be described in words. Come and feel this yourself.Come and eat lots of good food and be a part of our resident community. Smile with the flowers and the green grass. Play with the butterflies, chickens and cows. Shake hands with the shrubs, ferns and twigs of trees. Talk to the rainbow, the wind and the sun. Converse with the running spring and the stars in the sky. Develop friendship with your fellow retreatants, dogs, human beings, trees, saplings and forest friends. Then you will have a wide, perfect, rich, full life. You will realise the oneness or unity of life. This cannot be described in words. Come and feel this yourself.
Application Form for SYTA Membership
or Contact us to receive your membership application form. Ph: (07) 5531 0511.
Other Benefits of SYTA Membership
- Information. Be kept up todate with information, news and developments about your field and profession.
- Professional Development. Access to professional development resources and training.
- Networking. Network with others in your field and be connected with like-minded professionals and the industry.
- Credibility. Gain credibility, nationally and internationally.
- Professional Commitment. Demonstrate your commitment to your profession.
- Recognition. Recognition and accreditation available for members that hold relevant qualifications.
- Be associated with a strong Code of Ethics – Professional Practice!