- Our Yoga Teacher Training courses are registered with the Australian Government
- Domestic students can apply for Austudy or Youth Allowance
- International students can obtain an Australian student visa for up to 3 years.
Highest yoga teaching qualification in the world
We offer the highest yoga qualification you can obtain not only in Australia but in the world with our Advanced Diploma of Therapeutic Yoga Teaching course being 1800 hours.
Yoga Teacher Training for international students
We are the one and only education provider in Australia to offer Yoga Teacher Training to international students providing student visas for up to 3 years.
Internationally recognised qualifications
The Health Institute Australasia is a Government registered training organisation (RTO). Our RTO code is 45524. Our Government Accredited training and courses are fully compliant with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) which is the national regulator for Australia’s vocational education and training sector. This means that your certificate and qualifications are recognised Australia-wide and beyond.
Our campus is located on the beautiful Gold Coast of Australia, with proximity to shops, beaches, libraries and other facilities.
Read more about our location and facilities.
Alternatively, you can study online – see Online Yoga Teacher Training.
Become a certified yoga teacher
Become a registered yoga teacher with our teacher training programs.
Certificate IV in Yoga is the starting point and foundation for core studies, in a hierarchy of yoga education and practical skills. It is the prerequisite for the Diploma of Yoga Teaching. This course introduces you to several basic practices of yoga drawn from the unique lineages of Hatha (Tantra) and Raja Yoga, Samkhya and Vedanta.
Our Diploma of Yoga Teaching qualifies you to be a yoga teacher. In this course, you will learn how to structure and effectively teach a yoga class.
Our Advanced Diploma of Therapeutic Yoga Teaching equips you with advanced skills and knowledge to become a senior yoga teacher and to be able to teach yoga to a wider audience including people of various age groups and people with special needs.
You must have a diploma before you are qualified to teach yoga. Read more about Australian Qualifications.
Yoga Teacher Training Courses
Our three accredited yoga teacher training courses are:
- Certificate IV in Yoga – Comprehensive training in self-care for healthy living
- Diploma of Yoga Teaching – Life Education and Life Skills
- Advanced Diploma of Therapeutic Yoga Teaching – Leading and Managing Yoga Health Services
What you get
The richness of our yoga courses is reflected in the package. Our students:-
- Receive amazing books, cd’s and all course materials
- Attend lectures pertaining to the cultural history and philosophy upon which such studies are based
- Delve deep into the practices themselves by attending weekly classes in yoga, meditation, relaxation, pranayama, kirtan and more
- Attend residential yoga and meditation retreats in the Gold Coast hinterland for personal growth and development.
Nationally and Internationally recognized Qualifications
Read more about our three accredited yoga teacher training courses:-